The Ferroscope 308: The Best Tube Inspection Kit
At Russell NDE, we take pride in producing award winning technology that allows for safe, efficient, and industry leading inspection results to be collected. One such device is our Ferroscope 308 RFT/ECT system. As the most sophisticated NDT system for the inspection of tubes, pipes, and plates and the winner of the Frost and Sullivan 2011 Global Remote Field Testing Product Leadership award, this device has made significant strides within the NDT industry. Learn more about it below.
The Russell NDE Ferroscope was designed for the non-destructive inspection of ferrous and non-ferrous heat exchanger tubes with an internal diameter of 0.250 inches and up. Common uses include:
- Inspection of heat exchanger tubes, boiler tubes, and furnace tubes,
- Particularly useful for the power generation, oil & gas, pulp & paper, and petrochemical industries.
- Inspection of insulated pipes for CUI using Bracelet Probe
- Inspection of bare pipes for internal corrosion and erosion
- Inspection of boiler tubes using VertiScan robotic crawler
The device complies with ASTM standard practice E2096.05 for RFT (Remote Field Testing) of ferrous exchanger tubes, and is designed to meet multiple other applications such as pipe inspection from the inside or outside.
The Ferroscope boasts a wide range of features, including:
- Fast probe pull speed
- Easy to use wizard for software setup
- Superior pit detection capabilities
- Dual exciter probes for high sensitivity near tube supports
- Backed by Russell’s highly-rated RFT training and technical support.
- Built-in Tube Sheet Mapping and reporting software (EasyLog Pro)
The Ferroscope is also compatible with a wide range of accessories to ensure optimal convenience.
Learn more about the Russell NDE Ferroscope as well as our other products by contacting our team today.